Vortex™ 4'x10' STANDARD Kit 11 to 20 Panels in Kit
1.5” Nominal Header [1.48” I.D, 1.90” O.D]
DELUXE Kit Upgrade: Upgrade a STANDARD Kit to a DELUXE Kit and receive a generous supply of additional components & fittings designed to enhance the systems ease of installation, performance, and user-friendliness.
Vortex Standard System Kits are designed for replacement solar pool panel change-outs on existing systems or as a foundation starter kit for straightforward installations requiring minimal engineering and plumbing. Standard Kits include the required number of Vortex panels and the accompanying hardware kits needed for basic panel assembly, connecting, and mounting.
The average skilled handy person can easily manage a basic panel change-out, but using a Standard Kit for a new installation is only recommended for an experienced trades-person. DELUXE or PREMIUM Kits are designed specifically to accommodate do-it-yourselfers and highly recommended for most residential installations.
• Designed to replace existing solar pool panels
• Designed for in-ground and above ground pools
• Foundation starter kit for straightforward installations
• Suitable for residential and commercial
• To raise your daily average pool water temperature up to 85°.
• To extend your swimming season year round in warmer climates and as much as 50 percent in cooler climates.
Note: Higher heat than standard operating temperatures of 80-85 degree range can be achieved by simply adding more panels.
• Extends your pool swimming season
• Saves on pool heating costs
• High life expectancy - typically lasts 15 to 20 years
• Zero operating costs
• Requires little to no maintenance
• Efficient non-polluting alternative energy source
• Maximizes your swimming pleasure!
Vortex Standard Kit Features:
• Do-it-yourself friendly kit
• Average one day installation
• Easy to read installation manual
• Includes all necessary components for basic panel assembly, connecting, and mounting.
• Panels can be mounted all roof types, ground, or ground rack
• 10-Year Factory Warranty
• Utilizes existing pool pump to circulate pool water
• System rated for hurricane force 120mph wind load
• Free kit design and installation technical support
Vortex Product Specifications:
• Highest quality heater in the industry
• Best warranty offered today
• Design exceeds commercial grade specs
• Heavy-duty construction; 30% heavier
• Reliable and durable - typically lasts 15 to 20 years
• Combines high flow rates with low system pressure allowing maximum transfer of heat while reducing strain on pump
• 1.5” Nominal Header [1.48” I.D, 1.90” O.D]
Vortex Standard System Kits include the required number of Standard Panel Hardware Kits, 1 Row Kit and the required length of Hold-Down Strap.
Standard Panel Kit Function:
• To connect each panel to the adjacent panels
• To mount each panel onto various roof surface types [shingle, wood shake, metal, and tile], or ground rack system.
Standard Panel Hardware Kit Specifications:
• 2 - 1.5"x3" Rubber Couplings; used for connecting the panel headers together in a series
• 5 - #32 Stainless Steel Hose Clamps; used for sealing Rubber Couplings to panel headers
• 4 - Header/Strap Stainless Steel Butterfly Clips; used for fastening panel and strap to roof or rack.
• 4 - #14 1/4"x1.5" 3/8" Hex Head Stainless Steel Screws;† used for fastening Stainless Steel Butterfly Clips
• Polyester Woven Strap; used for strapping panel to roof or rack
†Tile or Wood/Metal Rack applications include:
Appropriate screws will be substituted for each kits standard Stainless Steel Screws described above - based on customer requirements that are chosen in dropdown selection box at top of this page entitled "Hardware Kit"
• #14 - 1/4" x 2" - 3/8" Hex Head Stainless Steel Screws; standard kit screws used for Shingle, Metal, Modified or Rolled Roofs, or Pressure Treated Wood Frame Racks
• #14 - 1/4" x 1 1/4" - 5/16" Tapcon Hex Head Screws; substitute screws used for Barrel or Flat Concrete Tile, or Concrete Roofs
• #14 - 1/4" x 1" - 7/16" Hex Head Bolts and Locking Nuts; substitute screws used for Aluminum or Steel Metal Frame Racks
Note: The required amount of Standard Panel Hardware Kits is automatically determined by number of panels purchased; Plus 1 additional Standard Panel Hardware Kit is added to complete the row.
Example: A Vortex Standard System Kit with Five 4’ x 12’ panels would include 6 Standard Panel Hardware Kits and 1 Row Kit.
For High Wind Areas: Vortex Standard Kits are used throughout the USA, Canada and the world and include Standard Mounting Hardware. Areas that have high wind zones may require a hardware upgrade to High Wind Zone Panel Kits to meet local codes.
Click here to upgrade your Standard Mounting Hardware to High Wind Zone Panel Kits.
Row Kit Function:
• Caps off the unused header opening at the end of a panel row
• Provides a mechanical release of vacuum buildup during draining of system
• Connects the feed and return PVC water lines to panel array(s).
Row Kit Specifications:
• 1 - End Plug; used for plugging un-used panel header outlet
• 1 - 1.5" Vacuum Breaker; used to auto-release vacuum
• 2 - 1.5" CPVC* Panel Adapters; used for connecting to panel outlet
• 2 - 1.5"x2" PVC Reducer Bushings; used with Panel Adapter to increase to 2"
• 2 - 2" PVC Couplings; used to connect to 2" PVC feed & return lines
Note: Vortex Standard Panel Hardware Kits and Row Kits can be used on most other brands of solar panels equipped with 1.5" I.D. headers.
Split Kits and Double Row Kits:
• If you are planning to install your panels on multiple or complex roof layouts Order: Split Kits
• If you need to circumvent obstacles on your roof Order: Split Kits
• If you are planning to combine different size panels to fit various roof shapes Order: Split Kits
• If you are planning to install your panels in multiple rows stacked above each other Order: Double Row Kits
Building Departments and Permitting:
Depending on your jurisdiction, your installation may require a permit from the Building Department; if required DIYSolarPoolHeaterKits.com can provide Basic Engineering Packages or Custom Engineering Packages at an additional cost.
Processing and Delivery Information:
Please allow 14-21 business days to process and ship your order, plus standard transportation delivery time. Orders placed after 2PM EST may not begin processing until the next business day. Due to high demand between March and August, extended processing time may occur; allow over 21 business days for order processing. Due to the size and weight of this item, expedited shipping is usually prohibitive; call for quotation.
IMPORTANT Delivery Note:
Delivery truck driver will require handling assistance to be provided by purchaser when unloading unit from truck. Lift gate service available at an additional fee.
Click here for information on Warnings and Notices about the delivery and unpacking of your kit.
Product Manufacturer: Pool Heating Distributors (PhD)
The Vortex Solar Pool Collector is Pool Heating Distributors best selling swimming pool heater, the superior quality design of VORTEX earns it 5 star plus rating in their Consumer Value guide!
Pool Heating Distributors Star Rating system is the direct result of experience with thousands of actual units in the field in the homes of Vortex Solar Pool Heater customers.
The criteria are:
• Quality of Materials and Workmanship
• Reliability and frequency of repairs
• Factory response to service or warranty issues
• Strength of the warranty
• Customer satisfaction
• Efficiency [certified by industry accepted test facility]