Vortex™ 4'x12' SINGLE Panels w/Connecting Hardware
1.5” Nominal Header [1.48” I.D, 1.90” O.D]
Vortex SINGLE Panel Kits are designed for replacement panel change-outs on existing systems and or adding additional panels to your STANDARD, DELUXE or PREMIUM kit orders. A Single panel kit includes one Vortex panel and the accompanying Standard Panel Hardware Kit needed for basic panel assembly, connecting, and mounting. Single panels may be ordered in any quantity required. Single panels may also be purchased without an accompanying Standard Panel Hardware Kit - Click here to purchase.
The average skilled handy person can easily manage a basic panel change-out, but using SINGLE panel kits for a new installation is only recommended for an experienced trades-person. DELUXE or PREMIUM Kits are designed specifically to accommodate do-it-yourselfers and highly recommended for most residential installations.
• Designed to replace existing solar pool panels needing repairs
• Add different sized panels to create a custom configuration to accommodate complex roof designs
• Add additional panels to increase the heating performance of an under-engineered solar pool heating system
• Designed for in-ground and above ground pools
• Suitable for residential and commercial
Note: Vortex panels connect to most other manufactures products. See product specifications below
• Extends your pool swimming season
• Saves on pool heating costs
• High life expectancy - typically lasts 15 to 20 years
• Zero operating costs
• Requires little to no maintenance
• Efficient non-polluting alternative energy source
• Maximizes your swimming pleasure!
Vortex SINGLE Panel Kit Features:
• Do-it-yourself friendly kit
• Includes all necessary components for basic panel assembly, connecting, and mounting.
• Panel can be mounted all roof types, ground, or ground rack
• 10-Year Factory Warranty
• Rated for hurricane force 120mph wind load
• Free kit design and installation technical support
Vortex Product Specifications:
• Highest quality heater in the industry
• Best warranty offered today
• Design exceeds commercial grade specs
• Heavy-duty construction; 30% heavier
• Reliable and durable - typically lasts 15 to 20 years
• Combines high flow rates with low system pressure allowing maximum transfer of heat while reducing strain on pump
• 1.5” Nominal Header [1.48” I.D, 1.90” O.D]
A Vortex SINGLE Panel Kit includes one Standard Panel Hardware Kit which is necessary for the mounting of each individual panel to the roof or rack, and for connecting it to the adjacent panel.
Standard Panel Hardware Kit Function:
• To connect each panel to the adjacent panels
• To mount each panel onto various roof surface types [shingle, wood shake, metal, and tile], or ground rack system.
Standard Panel Hardware Kit Specifications:
• 2 - 1.5"x3" Rubber Couplings; used for connecting the panel headers together in a series
• 5 - #32 Stainless Steel Hose Clamps; used for sealing Rubber Couplings to panel headers
• 4 - Header/Strap Stainless Steel Butterfly Clips; used for fastening panel and strap to roof or rack.
• 4 - #14 1/4"x1.5" 3/8" Hex Head Stainless Steel Screws;† used for fastening Stainless Steel Butterfly Clips
• Polyester Woven Strap; used for strapping panel to roof or rack
†Tile or Wood/Metal Rack applications include:
Appropriate screws will be substituted for each kits standard Stainless Steel Screws described above - based on customer requirements that are chosen in dropdown selection box at top of this page entitled "Hardware Kit"
• #14 - 1/4" x 2" - 3/8" Hex Head Stainless Steel Screws; standard kit screws used for Shingle, Metal, Modified or Rolled Roofs, or Pressure Treated Wood Frame Racks
• #14 - 1/4" x 1 1/4" - 5/16" Tapcon Hex Head Screws; substitute screws used for Barrel or Flat Concrete Tile, or Concrete Roofs
• #14 - 1/4" x 1" - 7/16" Hex Head Bolts and Locking Nuts; substitute screws used for Aluminum or Steel Metal Frame Racks
For High Wind Areas: Areas that have high wind zones may require a hardware upgrade to High Wind Zone Panel Kits to meet local codes. Click here to upgrade your Standard Mounting Hardware to High Wind Zone Panel Kits.
Note: Vortex Standard Panel Hardware Kits can be used on most other brands of solar panels equipped with 1.5" I.D. headers.
Split Kits and Double Row Kits:
• If you are planning to install your panels on multiple or complex roof layouts Order: Split Kits
• If you need to circumvent obstacles on your roof Order: Split Kits
• If you are planning to combine different size panels to fit various roof shapes Order: Split Kits
• If you are planning to install your panels in multiple panel rows stacked above each other Order: Double Row Kits
Processing and Delivery Information:
Please allow 14-21 business days to process and ship your order, plus standard transportation delivery time. Orders placed after 2PM EST may not begin processing until the next business day. Due to high demand between March and August, extended processing time may occur; allow over 21 business days for order processing. Due to the size and weight of this item, expedited shipping is usually prohibitive; call for quotation.
IMPORTANT Delivery Note:
Delivery truck driver will require handling assistance to be provided by purchaser when unloading unit from truck. Lift gate service available at an additional fee.
Click here for information on Warnings and Notices about the delivery and unpacking of your kit.
Product Manufacturer: Pool Heating Distributors (PhD)
The Vortex Solar Pool Collector is Pool Heating Distributors best selling swimming pool heater, the superior quality design of VORTEX earns it 5 star plus rating in their Consumer Value guide!
Pool Heating Distributors Star Rating system is the direct result of experience with thousands of actual units in the field in the homes of Vortex Solar Pool Heater customers.
The criteria are:
• Quality of Materials and Workmanship
• Reliability and frequency of repairs
• Factory response to service or warranty issues
• Strength of the warranty
• Customer satisfaction
• Efficiency [certified by industry accepted test facility]