Plumbing Kit: Connect Solar to Pool Equipment
2" plumbing is standard; 1.5" kits by request.
Solar Pool Heater Plumbing Kit includes the necessary parts required to connect a solar pool heating system to the plumbing system of an existing swimming pool filtration system, if purchasing components together as a preselected kit is desired.
Our Plumbing Kits deliver everything you need for a hassle free do-it-yourself installion by the average handy person.
Plumbing Kits can be used on most other brands of solar panels.
Plumbing Kit Function:
• 3-Way Valve; Manual controls the operation of the solar pool heater using a 3-way valve*
• Check Valves; Prevents backflow through the pool's filtering system & solar system return line
• PVC Fittings; Ties solar PVC feed & return lines into existing pool filtration equipment & plumbing lines**
• Various Mounting Parts & Accessories; eliminates guesswork and time consuming planning
*The 3-way control valve is easily used to turn the solar heater on or off, plus regulate the flow of water and adjust the temperature. Manual adjustments only need to be made occasionally as the seasons change.
**An average installation requires only the purchase of PVC piping, which is cost prohibitive to ship, and can be purchased at any local hardware supply.
Note: 2" system plumbing is standard; 1½" kits by special request
Plumbing Kit Specifications:
• 1 - 3-way Manual Control Valve
• 2 - Check Valves; Prevent backflow through the pool's filtering system, and the solar system return line
PVC Pipe Fittings:
• 18 - 2" PVC 90 Degree Elbows; Connects two pieces of 2" PVC pipe together at a right angle
• 2 - 2" PVC 90 Street Elbows; Connects one piece of 2" PVC pipe into another fitting at a right angle
• 18 - 2" PVC Couplings; Connects two pieces of 2" PVC pipe together in a straight line
• 1 - 2" PVC Tee; Connects three pieces of 2" PVC pipe together in a T-shaped configuration
• 1 - 2" x 1 1/2" PVC Flush Bushing; Connects 1.5”" PVC pipe to a 2" fitting
Mounting Parts & Accessories:
• 1 - Polyurethane Sealant; Waterproof seals roof/structure penetrations between mounting hardware & roof*
• 12 - 2 1/2" Galvanized Pipe Clamps; 2" PVC pipe wall & roof supports; Allows for expansion & contraction
• 2 - #14 - 1/4" x 1 1/4" - 5/16" Tapcon Hex Head Screws; secures clamp to concrete wall / mounts 3-Way Valve
• 22 - #14 - 1/4" x 2" - 3/8" Hex Head Stainless Steel Screws; Secures Pipe Clamps to the roof †
*not included with Concrete Roof or Rack Kits
†Concrete Tile or Wood/Metal Rack applications include:
Appropriate screws will be substituted for each kits standard Stainless Steel Screws described above - based on customer requirements that are chosen in dropdown selection box at top of this page entitled "Hardware Kit"
• #14 - 1/4" x 2" - 3/8" Hex Head SS Screws; standard for Shingle/Metal/Modified/Rolled Roof, or Wood Rack
• #14 - 1/4" x 1 1/4" - 5/16" Tapcon Hex Head Screws; substitute for Barrel/Flat/Concrete Tile Roof
• #14 - 1/4" x 1" - 7/16" Hex Head Bolts and Locking Nuts; substitute for Aluminum/Steel/Metal Rack
Processing and Delivery Information:
Please allow 3-5 business days to process and ship your order, plus standard transportation delivery time. Orders placed after 2PM EST may not begin processing until the next business day.