Hayward AQ-SOL-LV Digital Solar Pool Control PKG#3
Package #3 Includes: 1 Hayward AquaSolar AQ-SOL-LV Digital Controller, 1 Hayward 3-Way Valve, Hayward GVA-24 Actuator & 2 PC-10k Sensors
Note: Select "PREMIUM Kit Upgrade" to upgrade your existing DELUXE Solar Pool Kit order and receive the controller package discounted pricing; Only DELUXE Kit orders can be upgraded to PREMIUM Kits
Hayward/Goldline AquaSolar AQ-SOL-LV Digital Controller Solar Pool Control System is designed to offer the ultimate in overall performance, ease of operation, and value - for the unsurpassed experience in swimming and spa comfort!
Top-of-the-line design, construction, and performance are the hallmark of the Hayward Aqua Solar Series, Hayward's premier line of swimming pool/spa solar heating system controls; a series where all the optimum features available come as standard.
DIYSolarPoolHeaterKits.com top selling brand, the Hayward units earn a solid 5 star plus rating in our Consumer Value guide!
Hayward units are backed by the only 5-year factory warranty in the industry. Plus DIYSolarPoolHeaterKits.com offers the lowest on-line factory direct pricing available!
• Efficiently manages solar pool heating systems to operate at peak efficiency - even under less than ideal weather conditions
• Designed to provide hassle-free daily operation of both residential and light-duty commercial pools
• Excellent for high demand pools/spas at residential, condo, resort, hotel, motel, health club, vacation home, etc.
• Enhances total system performance - thereby saving hundreds of dollars per year in pool heating costs!
• Electronically automates the manual daily operation of a solar pool heating system by controlling the water circulation either through the solar collectors, or bypassing the solar collectors; automatically determines if the pool water should be solar heated or cooled.
• Maximizes the heat collection of any solar pool heating system
• Superior electronic control of pool/spa heating operation
• Reduces process to simple knob setting operation; desired temperature is set using a clearly indicated highly calibrated dial
• Highest system life expectancy; years of trouble-free service
• COMPLETE do-it-yourself friendly kit; average 3-5 hour installation
• Easy to read installation manual; step-by-step diagrams
• Installations feasible by handy-person with standard hand tools
• Includes all necessary components needed for complete install
• Microprocessor based = digital accuracy
• Digital temperature display for pool, solar and auxiliary sensors
• Large, enameled metallic enclosure
• Re-circulate freeze protection [field selectable]
• Nocturnal cooling [field selectable]
• 120/240VAC input power
• 24VAC low voltage output [for valve]
• Color-coded wire terminals make connecting system a breeze!
• Ample interior wiring space - no need to access electronics
• Calibrated control knob for precise maximum temperature
• Solid stainless steel material used on solar sensor block
• All-aluminum sensor block for pool water temperature
• All-aluminum sensor block for collector simulation does not need to be mounted on the collectors
• Extra UV protection ensures longer lasting like-new appearance
• Lightning strike arc absorbers for sensors
• GL-235's upgraded model available for pump control and/or valve plus pump
• Models also available for pool sweep delay protection and isolated relay contacts
• Proper kit selection supported by customer service agent
• Free design and installation technical support
The Hayward Solar Pool Control Package #3 Includes:
• Hayward Aqua Solar AQ-SOL-LV Digital Controller
• Hayward 3-Way Motorized Automatic Solar Control Valve
• Hayward GVA-24 Actuator
• Hayward Pool Water and Roof Sensors model PC-10K
• Electrical power connection not included
Hayward/Goldline AquaSolar AQ-SOL-LV Digital Controller:
The Hayward AQ-SOL-LV controller utilizes the existing pool's circulation pump for solar heat pick-up. It works in conjunction with the Hayward 3-Way Valve, Actuator & 2 Sensors. When the controller is signaled by the sensors, and calls for solar heat pick-up, the controller electronically signals the Hayward GVA-24 actuator to open the manual 3-Way valve; directing the flow of water circulation through the solar collectors.
Hayward AQ-SOL-LV Digital Controller Features:
• Designed for both large residential and heavy-duty commercial pools in the large to Olympic-size pool heating range when the AQ-SOL-LV controller only needs a 3-Way Valve, or if a maintenance change-out or upgrade is required
• Electronically Controls operation of a manual 3-Way Valve
• Programmable Solar Differential Control
• Digital Temperature Displays - of pool water and solar system
• Programmable Recirculation freeze protection [field selectable]
• 75°F to 104°F precision calibrated temperature control dial with "solar off" position
• Selectable Solar Override – to maximize solar heat gain
• 120 / 240VAC Selectable input with 24VAC Standard
• Booster Pump Control – via plug in 3H relay [Relay Purchased Separately]
• Pool Sweep Interlock Feature – via plug in 3 HP relay [Relay Purchased Separately]
• Sensor fault detection with LED indicator – notify user of complete system status
• Selectable nocturnal cooling option; used in conjunction with the pool's filtration pump set to run during early dawn, cooler hours
• Automatically switches from heating to nocturnal cooling
• Housed in a locking weatherproof enclosure
Hayward AQ-SOL-LV Digital Controller Technical Specifications:
• Input Power:
120V (105V to 130V, .5A, 50/60Hz)
240V (195V to 250V, .25A, 50/60Hz)
Terminal block connections, protected
Sensors: 2 required [thermostat, 10Kohm @ 25C/77ºF]
Swimming pool / spa temperature
Solar array temperature
Aux. temperature (air temperature and/or recirculation freeze)
Terminal block connections
Sensors may be connected up to 1000’ away
24VAC, 20VA, .85A
Low voltage diverter valve control
Dual 3 pin JST connectors (FWD & REV)
HV Outputs: 3HP@240VAC, 1.5HP@120VAC
Double pole, single throw, isolated contacts,
Field expandable via AQ-RELAY, 2 pin JST on PCB
AQ-SOL-LV: Field expandable to control up to 2, HV
outputs (HV-1, HV-2, or HV-3)
High voltage for booster pump control [Turns ON 30 seconds after LV turns ON]
High voltage for pool sweep interlock [ON when filter pump ON, OFF for 6 minutes after LV turns ON]
High voltage for filter pump timer OFF/ON w/timer, freeze recirc, solar override
• Front Panel Controls:
Set point adjustable dial 70N-104N F
Main slide switch (ON-AUTO-OFF)
Push button to alternate temperature displays
Power: On when power ON
Heat: On when LV output ON for Heat, recirculation, or switch ON
Cool: On when LV output ON for cool, recirculation, or switch ON
Pool Sweep: On when HV-2 output is OFF
Pool Sensor: On = open circuit, Flashing = short circuit
Solar Sensor: On = open circuit, Flashing = short circuit
Aux. Sensor: Flashing= short circuit [only if recirculation freeze protection enabled]
• LCD Display:
Display range 32NF/ 0NC to 180NF/70NC
Over temperature-display “HI”
Under temperature-display “LO”
Sensor fault-display “Err”
• Installer Programmable features via PCB jumpers:
F/C temperature display (factory set F)
Recirculation freeze protection (factory set disable)
Nocturnal cooling (factory set disable)
Solar override of Off times (factory set disable)
Solar Heat ON: 4NF OFF: 1.5NF
Solar Cool ON: -8N F OFF: -3NF
Hayward AQ-SOL-LV Digital Controller Operational Details:
• Automatic Heating
If the water within the collectors is warmer than the pool water by 4 degrees or more, and the pool is below the selected desired temperature, the valve will rotate allowing heat collection. The heat collection will stop when the solar sensor output falls to within 1.5 degrees of the pool temperature or the pool temperature exceeds the selected “desired temperature".
• Automatic Nocturnal Cooling [Field selectable option]
Swimming pools often become too warm from the sun on their own during the height of the summer season. The AQ-SOL-LV comes standard with nocturnal cooling logic, which can be enabled / disabled via the main circuit board. During night time hours, when enabled, the AQ-SOL-LV will circulate warmer water from the pool to collector panels, thus cooling the pool over time. If the water within the collectors is cooler than the pool water by 8 degrees or more, and the pool is above the selected desired temperature, the valve will rotate allowing cooling via the solar collectors. The heat dissipation will stop when the collectors sensor output rises within 3 degrees of the pool temperature, or the pool temperature is lowered below the set desired temperature.
• Setting Desired for Desired Temperature
The AQ-SOL-LV is set by a single dial adjustment with the desired pool temperatures clearly indicated. The dial is calibrated with the temperatures from 70 degrees to a high of 104 degrees for quick and easy, user-friendly operation. The temperature set indicates set pool/spa temperature. The AQ-SOL-LV will automatically determine if the water should be solar heated or cooled, thus maximizing the system capabilities.
• Terminal Strip Connections
For input power, and sensor inputs; controls also have industry standard 3 pin connectors for both forward and reverse valve actuator operation and screw terminal connectors.
• LED Digital Indicators
Show the status of the system operation; seven highly visible LEDs show:
1. Power to control
2. Power output directing valve and/or pump to collect heat [heating]
3. Power output directing valve and/or pump to dissipate heat [cooling]
4. Sweep interlock indicating the pool cleaner pump is in the lock-out time allowing for flow to establish previous to turning on
5. Sensor fault indicator shows pool sensor not operating properly
6. Sensor fault indicates open or short circuit
7. Sensor fault for auxiliary sensor
• AQ-SOL-LV Valve Electrical Output
Valve output rating is the industry standard 24VAC. Output is fuse protected.
• Recirculation Freeze Protection [Field selectable operation]
Turns the AQ-SOL-LV recirculation output ON, directing warmer pool water through the collectors when near freezing temperatures are noted at the auxiliary sensor. The AQ-SOL-LV allows recirculation when the auxiliary sensor falls below 34ºF and will stop recirculation when the temperature rises to greater than 36ºF. Two 10K Ohm sensors are required for operation.
One or more freeze snap switches are recommended if freeze recirculation protection is utilized.
Note: see installation instructions before using freeze recirculation.
• System Operation and Test Switch
Allows the user to manually override the automatic function of the AQ-SOL-LV and verify operation.
Hayward GVA-24 Actuator:
The Hayward GVA-24 Actuator works in conjunction with the Hayward AQ-SOL-LV Digital Controller & 3-Way Valve. The controller electronically signals the Hayward GVA-24 actuator to either open or close the manual 3-Way valve; directing the flow of water circulation either through the solar collectors, or bypassing the solar collectors
Hayward GVA-24 Actuator Specifications and Features:
• Incorporates bi-directional design for installation flexibility
• Straightforward and uncomplicated to operate
• Easy adjustable cams allow actuator to be mounted in any position
• Up to 180 degree rotation with 12.8 degree increments
• Compatible for easy adaptation to 2-Way or 3-Way valves
• Universal sizing; compatible with all major manufacturer`s valves and pool automation systems
• Offers the highest torque output in the industry; 22 oz per inch for maximum valve control ability and top solar panel performance
• Includes a service switch for quick service access; ON1-OFF-ON2 [Some Models]
• Manual switch is mounted underneath actuator to minimize tampering
• Allows manual rotation in the event of a power outage
• Comes with 20 feet of heavy-duty cable with industry standard plug prewired for installation; UL and CSA certification
• Use with the Aqua Logic system to automate pool/spa operation, cleaner operation, water features, or a variety of other uses.
• UL and CUL Listed.
Hayward 3-Way Valve:
The Hayward 3-Way valve works in conjunction with the Hayward AQ-SOL-LV Digital Controller, and is mechanically operated by the Hayward GVA-24 Actuator. The manual 3-Way valve controls the flow of pool water circulation. The valve is mechanically rotated when the actuator is electronically activated by the controller; directing the flow of water circulation either through the solar collectors, or bypassing the solar collectors
Hayward 3-Way Valve Specifications and Features:
• Designed for easy automation using Hayward 3-Way Actuator
• Available in standard sizes; 1.5” I.D. / 2.0” O.D. and 2.0” I.D. / 2.5” O.D.
• 1.5” I.D. / 2.0” O.D. - Plumb 1.5” PVC pipe into the valve outlet or put a 2” Fitting over the valve outlet
• 2.0” I.D. / 2.5” O.D. - Plumb 2” PVC pipe into the valve outlet or put a 2.5” Fitting over the valve outlet.
• Constructed of temperature and chemical resistant CPVC material
• Constructed using innovative port design for superior performance
• Removable handle allows for quick and easy port customization.
• Can be used with 3-Way Actuator for easy automation
• Do not leak, break, melt, slip, or lose pressure – even under the most demanding conditions.
• Do not require lubrication, and may be mounted in any position except upside down
• Hayward 3-Way Valves are designed to be totally maintenance free.
Note: For a positive solar shutdown, or service to collectors during pump operation cycle, an isolation ball or gate valve must be installed on the solar PVC feed line side for positive seal shut off. All valves come with Positive Seal; for non-positive applications, it is necessary to remove the seal.
Hayward Universal Pool Water or Roof Sensor - Model PC-10k
The Hayward PC-10k Sensor can be used with any solar control unit that requires 10k sensors. This sensor has universal applications; it can be used to measure solar heat on the roof, and also be used to measure temperature of the pool's water. When used on the roof, it is placed in direct sunlight and mounted to the roof with a screw or adhesive. When used to measure pool water temperature, it is attached to the PVC pipe; this requires drilling a hole in the PVC pipe, and using a standard stainless steel hose clamp [purchase separately] to secure the sensor in place.
Hayward PC-10k Sensor Specifications and Features:
• Used to measure temperature of the pool's water
• Used to measure solar heat on the roof
• Used in conjunction with the Goldline Solar Controls Units
• Being used as a replacement for the Goldline Solar Controls Package #3
• Can be used with any Solar Control unit that requires 10K sensors
Download » Hayward AQ-SOL-LV Brochure [Pdf Format]
• 5 Year Manufacturer's Warranty - Controller
• 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty - Valve and Actuator
Download » Hayward Control Warranty [Pdf Format]
View the following manual for installation and operation.
Download » Installation and Operation Manual [Pdf Format]
Processing and Delivery Information:
Please allow 1-2 business days to process and ship your order, plus standard transportation delivery time. Orders placed after 2PM EST may not begin processing until the next business day.
Product Manufacturer: Hayward Industries, Inc.
Note: All product performance tests and claims are that of the manufacturer, not DIYSolarPoolHeaterKits.com
Pool Heating Distributors Star Rating system is the direct result of experience with thousands of actual units in the field in the homes of Vortex Solar Pool Heater customers.
The criteria are:
• Quality of Materials and Workmanship
• Reliability and frequency of repairs
• Factory response to service or warranty issues
• Strength of the warranty
• Customer satisfaction
• Efficiency [verifiable rating certification by industry accepted test facility]